I have over 25 years of clinical experience offering therapy to the general public, 15 years of which have been working in NHS Psychology departments ( in adult primary care and in occupational health).
I have also been in private practice since 2000 offering therapy to individuals addressing a broad range of issues.
For 4 years of my career, I was also a Psychotherapist with ICAP in Birmingham (Immigrant Counselling and Psychotherapy). My work with ICAP involved offering therapy to adult survivors of childhood abuse that had occurred in childrens’ homes, schools and Industrial Schools in Ireland. I am additionally experienced in working with issues around cultural differences and the effects of migration.
For 3 years I was a member of the Jungian Training Committee of the West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy, involved in the running and development of this Psychotherapy training. I am an approved training therapist and supervisor for this course.
- B.A Hons (majoring in Psychology)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling- University of Birmingham
- The Training in Jungian Analytical Psychotherapy – West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy
- British Psychoanalytic Council (B.P.C) – Registered Jungian Analytical Psychotherapist
- British Psychological Society – Graduate Member
- UKCP – Registered Jungian Analytical Psychotherapist (Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis)
- West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy ( www.wmip.org.uk) – Professional Member
- Irish Council For Psychotherapy – registered psychotherapist (Psychoanalytic Section)
- Northern Ireland Institute of Human Relations – Full Member